It’s in everyone’s best interest to lessen the human footprint on the environment and re-use wherever possible.
Here are some examples of how Badenhaüs is a pacesetter in each local community in regards to Green initiatives.
- Heat from wastewater is recovered through heat transfer technology where heat is taken from wastewater and used to pre-heat water going to the boiler, This water will come from back-washing hot tubs, kitchen water, shower and bathroom water and laundry.
- Water is recycled from showers and taps into grey water where it is then used for flushing toilets. That water is then treated and released into retention ponds.
- To reduce plastic bottle waste we make available (for sale) stainless steel water thermoses that can be filled at water stations around the site
- Alternative boiler heating systems like pellet furnaces and solar will be implemented
- If possible geo thermal for onsite cooling
- Irrigation will be sourced from rainwater falloff